How to Leverage LinkedIn Recommendations for Credibility and TrustJan 29, 2024
Are you using LinkedIn Recommendations to deepen your professional relationships with your network?
Remember the key to success is to act like a human on social... Do you share referrals and references in every day business life? Yes? Well then...
When you work with a new or existing client are you asking them for testimonials, or LinkedIn Recommendations? Do you share recommendations when you work with a supplier? Are you saving them and sharing them?
If not then let’s dig into how you can use LinkedIn Recommendations to build credibility and trust with your followers.
Introduction: Importance of credibility and trust on LinkedIn
Before diving into the details, let's first understand why credibility and trust are crucial on LinkedIn. As a coach or service-based business, establishing yourself as a credible and trustworthy professional is essential to attract clients and build a strong network.
LinkedIn recommendations play a vital role in achieving this. They serve as testimonials from colleagues, clients, and other professionals who have worked with you. Recommendations provide social proof of your skills, expertise, and the positive impact you have made on others.
1. What are LinkedIn recommendations and why do they matter?
LinkedIn recommendations endorse and highlight your skills, qualities, and achievements. They appear on your LinkedIn profile and serve as testimonials from clients who have had a positive experience working with you.
These recommendations matter because they provide valuable insights into your professional character and abilities. They give potential clients and connections a glimpse of what it's like to work with you, building trust and credibility from the perspective of others.
2. How to ask for recommendations (it’s easy!)
Asking for recommendations is easier than you think! Here are some tips to help you get going:
- Identify the right people: Reach out to people who have first-hand experience working with you and can vouch for your skills and expertise.
- Personalise your request: Craft a personalised message explaining why you value their opinion and how their recommendation can benefit both of you.
- Provide guidance: Offer specific suggestions on what you would like them to highlight in their recommendation. I LOVE when people give me an idea of what they need it to say. It saves me time that I don’t have!
- Follow up politely: If you don't receive a response, send a gentle reminder after a reasonable amount of time has passed.
3. How to write a great recommendation for others
Writing a stand out recommendation for others can be a powerful way to strengthen your professional relationships and showcase your willingness to support others. Who doesn’t like getting a glowing review?! Right?
Here are some tips to help you write an effective recommendation:
- Start with a strong opening: Begin by mentioning how you know the person and briefly highlight their key strengths and accomplishments.
- Provide specific examples: Share specific instances or projects where the person excelled and showcase the positive impact they made.
- Be yourself: Don’t use overly formal language if that’s not you! And it doesn’t match the person you worked with.
- Highlight their unique qualities: Emphasise the qualities that make the person stand out and explain why they are a valuable asset.
- Keep it concise and authentic: Be genuine in your praise and keep the recommendation concise, focusing on the most significant contributions and skills.
- End with a strong closing: Conclude the recommendation by expressing your confidence in the person's abilities and your willingness to recommend them to others.
4. How to showcase recommendations on your LinkedIn profile
Once you have received recommendations, it's important to showcase them effectively on your LinkedIn profile to make the most of them. Here's how:
- Create a post that highlights the recommendation and thank the person who took the time to write it. Make sure to tag them in the post.
- Make sure to screenshot the recommendations and use them on your website, in emails, and use them as social proof when you are talking about your services on social media.
- Showcase relevant recommendations: If you have received recommendations specific to certain industries or services, make sure to highlight them in relevant sections of your profile.
Compliments build positive relationships
As with everything on social media. Remember to act like a human! Everyone loves a compliment. If you have genuine experience of working with someone who was a pleasure to work with then share it!
LinkedIn recommendations are powerful tools that can significantly enhance your credibility and trustworthiness. By understanding how to ask for recommendations, write compelling recommendations for others, and showcase them effectively on your profile, you can establish yourself as a trusted professional in your industry. Start leveraging recommendations today and see the positive impact it can have on your LinkedIn presence.
Make sure to message me and let me know if you notice a difference in how you feel about LinkedIn recommendations if you start using them!
Let's connection on LinkedIn. https://www.linkedin.com/in/elainewalshmcgrath/
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
I hate SPAM. I will never sell your information, for any reason.